You can fix Kies requirement right after installation. And you re-installed your Windows or updated your Windows and tried to use Kies? You will definitely get “You need to install, or re-install, the Windows Media Feature Pack.” This is to enable your computer to connect to your phone. Before you fix this issue, it is advisable you download Samsung driver first. This problem arises if Windows Media Feature Pack does not come with your Windows OS. Some versions of Windows disable or remove the Media Feature by default. Most Windows version with “N” does not have Windows media features. You have to download and install it as a third-party app.
If you are unable to fix Kies, your Samsung phone(s) may not work with your computer. Samsung Kies is a freeware software application used to communicate between Windows or Macintosh operating systems, and more recently manufactured Samsung mobile phone and tablet computer devices, usually using a USB connection. If you can fix Kies issues, you will not have any problem connecting your Samsung phone to your computer through USB.
Steps To Fix Kies – Install Windows Media Feature Pack
1. Download and install Samsung driver. Then, you can go ahead to find the Media Pack for your PC.
2. Visit Microsoft website at and search for KB3099229. Or search for Microsoft Media Feature Pack. This will show you a list of options with descriptions. Note that there are different versions of Media pack for different versions of Windows.
3. Choose the version of your Windows. Click and it will take you directly to the page where you can download it.
4. You can check your Windows version by:
- Right-click on the Windows Menu icon on your PC.
- Select System. This will show you your Windows version under “Windows edition.”
5. Click on “Download the update package now”. Choose the type your PC is running. Either x86 for 32-bit OS or x64 for 64-bit OS.
6. Tick/check mark the version and hit Next. Your download will start automatically.
7. After downloading, install the normal way. After installation, launch your Kies and it will work. Incredibly, your Samsung will be recognized through USB again.